Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday/November 20, 2010

This mornings prayer meeting was wonderful! Such a sweet presence of the Lord was there. I am especially grateful because, last evening, Dominic had text me and said that he would not be able to be there, and asked if I would lead. I agreed, but was thinking, "Oh my, what am I going to speak on, I have nothing." I really had kind of a helpless, desperate feeling of having nothing to give and feeling rather dry. Then, as I asked the Lord what to share, I remembered a scripture that He had spoke to me last Saturday on the way to prayer meeting. I had been feeling frustrated about some things and some people, and the scripture Ephesians 6:12 came to me, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood...". As I sat listened to the speaker last week, I jotted down the notes on what the Lord had spoke to me in my car earlier. So, as this came back to my mind last night, I went and found the notes I already had and spent the rest of the evening, praying and building a message on what I already had. I would trust the Lord to anoint it and hopefully it would minister to the others as it had me. Well, on my way to the church this morning, I happened to think about a prayer that God had answered for me concerning my son. I suddenly felt so grateful and wanted to share this testimony of answered prayer with the others. The scripture "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving..." came to my mind so I decided we would do just that and let everyone share a praise with the group to get started. As we all acknowledged answers to prayer and blessings of God, we went right into a time of praising Him and worshiping Him. Gods presence filled the room in such a beautiful way and we did not want to stop. As we lingered in His presence, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the importance of His presence in our lives, and how important it is to wait on God until we are full of His spirit. Just as the disciples waited in the upper room in the book of Acts, for the Holy Spirit, we must realizing the importance of spending time with God and waiting for His presence to fill us, and direct and guide us. Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." We live in such a busy, microwave world, and it's not easy to lay everything aside and just wait on God. I can remember as a younger person, going to the altar feeling like I must have a fresh touch from God, and determining that I was not going to get up from that altar until I had an answer. God always came through and blessed me there. Going back to the scripture, Ephesians 6:12, we are fighting a spiritual battle, and we can't fight it in our own strength. It takes being full of the Spirit and walking with Him to be able to fight these battles. It takes using the weapons that He has given us: prayer, the Word of God, the Name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus to fight against the enemy of our souls and for others. It takes spending time with God.

Another scripture the Lord brought to my mind at this time was Lam. 3:21-26.

No comments:

Post a Comment